Monday, April 28, 2008

Milo's rough weekend...

Our poor baby had a super rough weekend! On Saturday we took Milo and Chaco for a hike up Battle Creek Canyon. On our way down, there was a man with a chocolate lab and a golden retriever playing in the river. The owner saw us coming, but never warned us to pick up our dogs because his were aggressive. So the lab came charging at Milo and had poor lil' Milo's butt in his mouth before Jess could pick him up. Good thing it was not his neck, because that could have killed him! So we finally got away from the chaos, but Milo was crying and yelping the rest of the way to the car because he was so scared.

I felt so bad for my baby, but that was only the start of his troubles! On Sunday, I thought I had a brilliant idea to put Milo in the basket of my beach cruiser...wrong. While I was putting him in, he jumped out and kinda took a hard fall. Jess finally got him situated and he seemed to really like it until he decided to jump out as I was moving. Poor lil' guy took another hard fall. He didn't yelp or anything, but I keep hearing the "thud" over and over in my head. I felt like such a bad mom!

After that, my mom and I were playing ball with him in the house. I bounced the ball and as he jumped for it he slipped on the hard wood floor and did another body slam. This time he got up and looked completely dazed. He even rocked side to side like he had no idea who or where he was! It must have knocked the wind out of him.

And all this was not even the worst of it! We were on our way home and Milo was down on the floor in between Jess's legs on the passenger side when all of a sudden he started screaming! Jess held him still because we were not sure what he was caught on or why he was even yelping. I pulled over and found he had pooped all over Jess and he was bleeding out of the corner of his left eye. By this time I was in tears too! We looked under the dash and found this little hook-like thing jutting out from under the dash. Poor little guy got his eye lid caught on the hook and litterally scared the crap out of him! What a freak accident! We took him home, gave him a bath (more torture), cleaned the poop (that was like glue) out of my car, and then tried to put ice on his swollen eye lid. We decided to take him to the vet if it looks like his eye gets infected.

My poor baby! He is seriously like my child...it pains me to see him hurt.
Milo's puffy little eye :(

1 comment:

Lindsey S. said...

You've been tagged! :)