Tuesday, November 17, 2009

torn

Well, remember how I posted, rather complained, about Abby not sleeping through the night? Now I am torn and starting to think her waking up once a night isn't so bad....

She had her 4 month appointment last Friday and the doc said she can definitely go 8 or more hours now without having to eat in the middle of the night. I just have to get her on that schedule and let her fuss herself back to sleep for awhile (which has not sounded appealing either). So, I started thinking...if I put her to bed at say 10 and she sleeps 8 hours, she will sleep until 6 or so...that is WAY too early to be getting up for the day, especially for Jess who doesn't get to sleep until 2 am on weeknights anyway!

Now, when I feed her once in the middle of the night, yes I may have to get up, but only for a half hour and she is right back to sleep. And then she sleeps until 8-10 am!

Hmmm, what to do?

Anyhow, Abby had her 4 month appointment. Here are her stats:

Height: 24 1/4 in. 49%.
Weight: 13.2 lbs. 39%.

Love my lil' princess!

5 comments:

Amanda&Wade said...

She is adorable!! I just wanted to comment and tell you, I totally understand why you would rather her get up once in the night then just put her right back for a few more hours... I go back and forth on that too. One thing I have noticed though, is even if Alyssa sleeps 8+ hours... I get up, feed her.. and she USUALLY goes right back to bed for 3 more hours. This morning I was only up for 10 minutes feeding her, then back to bed. If she does stay up.. it's only for an hour, then she is back to bed. So I don't know... That's a tough one! Try it out and see what ya think!! :)

Amanda&Wade said...

P.S. She will probably sleep longer than 8 hours too ;) My girls only went 8 hours for a few days then they were up to 9+ hours.

Mostly Jessica said...

Just remember she's your baby, not your doctor's baby. She's not going to go on Oprah and tell her that she became an axe murderer because you failed to make her sleep through the night.

Me in a nut shell said...

I would feed her... more sleep all around is always good! If you can deal with getting up... Just try and not let it go past 6 months... or you'll be me... with a baby wanting a 4 am bottle forever!! Like 13 months.... But then again, my kids have always slept in! 9-10 am yeah!

Wanderingfamilies said...

I think you are doing things just GREAT! Plus, that middle of the night feeding is, dare I say, fun because they grow up so quickly...soon she won't wake up for that middle of the night feeding and you will miss the snuggle time with her (I know I did with Ansley). You are a great mom!