Thursday, September 4, 2008

So Hard to Say Goodbye....

So, this "antique" piece of furniture has been in my family forever! It is a coffee table my parents purchased back in the early 80's from Kmart or somewhere like it. It was basically used as our kitchen table, because my dad and I refused to eat anywhere but in front of the t.v.


Jess and I took it from my parents when they moved out of their house 4 years ago. This thing was beat when we got it...legs had to be glued back on, there is food encrusted on it, and its finish is all different faded shades of wood panel. A few months ago I surprised Jess and bought a new coffee table. He practically threw a fit and said he'd rather have the old one because of all the nostalgia attached to it. So, I compromised and put it in the guest room. Well, I bought some more furniture yesterday and guess what had to go? I was almost in tears as I hoisted it into the dumpster!


Farwell little coffee table, you will be missed!

1 comment:

The Hodges said...

That is good you took a picture of it. It is hard to let go of things that have so many good memories attached to them. Good job for being open to change.