Monday, June 9, 2008

JPL

So, me and some of the people on my old team here at work got obsessed with entering contest...any contest. I have won tons of things from local radio stations, so I have been sticking with them lately since there is not much time to enter everything. Well, one day we all decided to enter this contest from My 99.5 FM. It was "have Ferras (the guy who sings the exit song for American Idol, Hollywood is not America) come sing at your work and have a pizza party." We all kind of laughed and said "We don't give a crap about the singer, but at least we will get free pizza!", so about 5 of us entered. Well, my friend Ron ended up winning. But the day Ferras was supposed to come, he cancelled (this was back in Feb or March), so the radio station promised Ron something else.

Today, about 6 of us from work ended up going to the radio station to hear JPL sing...Jon Peter Lewis. He was on American Idol a few seasons ago. He was actually really good and a super nice guy! And yes, we still got free pizza! His album comes out July 22nd and it is pretty dang good! This was much better than Ferras...not gonna lie, the guy looks like a douche bag anyway!

No comments: