Wednesday, November 12, 2008

i like to think i have good taste in music...

the majority of the time. And then I can also admit I have some horrible taste in music. Well, I can't even say I actually like this music, but I did this for nothing but pure nostalgic reasons.

What did I do you ask? I bought NKOTB tickets today. (If you didn't grow up in the 90's and are scratching your head at my abbreviation it means New Kids on the Block !). My best friend since we were 5, Lisa, and I picked up some tickets at the E Center today (to skip all of Ticketmaster's ridiculous service charges. Highly recommended to do this as Ticketmaster wanted over $10 for their service charge and it was only $2 at the E Center). Anyhow, they released cheap seats for $20, so we figured what the hell. Yes, we are in the back of the arena, just like we were 18 years ago at their show in Provo, but hey, the only way I was going was if the seats were cheap.

I was searching for reviews on the show and found nothing but good comments. This article especially made me feel better about my decision:

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2008/09/25/new-kids-on-the-block-concert-at-nassau-coliseum

So bring it on Jordan, Jon, Donnie, Joey, & Danny!

5 comments:

Jensens said...

Sounds fun! I never was a huge fan, but I do like some of their music. Relive those good old days!

Mostly Jessica said...

I used to think you were so cool.
Until today...

Niki and Jess said...

Ron, you asked me if I had a Creed cd the other day...I already thought you were uncool, but that was icing on the cake. And such and insult to think that I would have such crap music in my collection! :)

Mandy Wollenzien said...

I've only heard good things about the show as well. It sold out here in DC. I think it sounds like fun. I never saw them when I loved them in 8th grade. It would be fun to relive those days.

Anonymous Karimzada said...

Reading that review makes me want to go!